Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hey Friend, Keeping Pushing Forward!

I've been considering starting up a blog for a while now. While I can't guarantee how much I'll post, I do enjoy writing and reflecting. I guess you could say this is more for fun than anything else, but if I get a few people reading my stuff, that's cool too.

As we get closer to Christmas break, things get crazier. In my case, I have one final week of classes. Well, two days of classes, and three days of final exams. That's really not much and I'm grateful for that. On the flip side, it feels like just about every class has one last paper or project due this week and there's just very little motivation to do it. (That could explain why I suddenly found inspiration to start this blog...nah it's probably completely unrelated. ) It's gonna be rough getting everything done, but after this week I can chill for a month and enjoy the holiday sweets and get my share of sleeping in. One thing that has helped a little with the stress of this week is a random act of kindness done by an anonymous someone. Someone took some chalk and wrote various messages around campus including; "You can do it", "Keep moving forward", "Stay strong" and "God is with you" and several  = ) smiley faces can be found too. I can't really explain why, but whenever I read one of them, it causes me to stop, and smile for a few minutes.

Before I get back to work I want to close with a couple verses of encouragement.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:6,7 


"Do not give up for your hard work will be rewarded." - 2 Chronicles 15:7 


As Christmas break gets closer the motivation to do things may not be there. The bright side is it's almost here. Push through and do your best in everything that comes your way. Whether it's schoolwork, your job, or some other project. Take the advice of the "anonymous someone", "Stay Strong", "You can do it", "Keep moving forward" because "God is with you". Instead of getting anxious about it, take a deep breath and get it done. No matter what you face, God can help you through it. Now it's time for me to follow my own advice and get back to work. 















Chau for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment